About Me

Sunday, February 13, 2011

INTRODUCTION

Hello, I'm new to blogging...
I started this blog as a way to organize and display my photographs. I don't make a living out of taking award-winning-photographs (!), but I don't just photograph on occasion either. I made photography one of my hobbies and interests. And I now want to make it more than just a hobby :)
I started my ONE PHOTO A DAY project beginning of November 2010. It is like a photo diary, it is a documentary of my daily life through photographs. I have no time line or deadline for it, I simply need to take and keep record of at least one photo a day until whenever. It can be a photograph of myself, of my family, friends, random people, random things, meaningful things, meaningless things, event, no event, important, not important, color, black and white, sunny day, rainy day, cloudy day, cold weather, warm weather, happy time, unhappy time, neither-happy-nor-unhappy time, or just an-y-thing. The goal is to keep track of life as I go through it, and to keep taking photographs everyday.
Everyday is a new and different day, it could be eventful or not at all, it could be good, or could be not so good, it could be significant or just ordinary; it could be anything but - the same as yesterday. I want to appreciate every day no matter what it brings, and try to remember it and show it to my family and friends later on. In addition to that, as a hobbyist-learning-to-be-a-professional in photography, I want to keep taking photographs and keep taking photographs every single day; I believe we can only get better with practice.
Now, despite of how easy, simple and convenient it may sound, it is just Not that simple, easy and convenient. Because everyday life is just hectic as it is and either I forget or simply get lazy, it gets difficult to keep up with the seemingly simple idea of one-photo-a-day.  Well, I'm trying and even though there's a lot of skipping, I do my best to keep it up :)...
Next, I want to update and show this project as well as my other posts here. We'll see how I do...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment