About Me

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

ONE PHOTO A DAY


Image above: 10.9.2010 - I was out taking photographs at Sutro Baths for my scavenger hunt assignment for my photography class. This was right after sunset.


Image above: 10.10.2010 - Sutro Baths at sunset again. I remember being there with my brother and sister in law.



Image above: 10.14.2010 - Lawrence and I went to New York to celebrate his 30th birthday. New York was so beautiful, we thought we could move over there to live. I believe this was at the Trinity Church Parish (I need better documentary next time on the name of the location :)


Image above 10.29.2010 - Sutro Baths night shooting for my class assignment. I was amazed by a good amount of other people out there photographing at this time. It was a great and unexpected experience shooting at Sutro Baths. There was certainly a different feeling to be present here at night time compared to middle of a sunny day. While being in front of the ocean late at night was always something uneasy to me personally, this experience has somehow changed my perspectives about it in a positive way. In addition, having to make the effort to climb up and down the hill in the dark added more value to this experiment. 
 

Image above: 10.31.2010: I think the kitchen is the heart of every home. In this photograph, I wanted to illustrate the moment of a late night walking out to the kitchen in the pitch dark and the only source of light would come from the refrigerator when its door was open. A glimmer of light enters the scene, bringing everything back in vision, putting the mind at ease, and making the room homey and cozy again.

When the source is not abundant, it feels pleasing and satisfying to receive it. Just as in this scene, the amount of light is subtle but certainly enough to brighten the room and bring comfort when it is most needed. Perhaps, what we really need is just a few, but somehow we always want more.  


Image above: 11.09.2010 - what can I say about this? It's what I meant by random stuff


Image above: 11.10.2010 - first sight of Christmas


Image above 11.11.2010 - My first homemade chocolate chip muffins, fruits of labor always taste delicious !


Image above: 11.12.2010 - My close co-worker friend John having lunch with his wife


Image above 11.13.2010 - I was out shooting for my next assignment for photo class, and self photograph should be interesting.


Image above: 11.13.2010 - Everything else is irrelevant when you're on the edge of the earth


Image above: 11.14.2010 - Her name is Julianne Chieu Han Tran, she was born this day. I set up my camera to capture every moment possible. There were a few more hours to welcome a new life. The shoes I wore were old and uncomfortable, my toes were hurting and I absolutely couldn't think of anything better to do but walking back and forth in the hospital hallway. I just walked back and forth outside the delivery room, I only had my ice tea and camera. She is my brother's baby, and seeing her born was so amazing. I can't wait to show her this picture, the first picture I took of her.


Image above 11.15.2010 - My little Xi Mui was one day old. She was in the ICU sleeping twenty something hours a day :) Part of me wanted her to stay this tiny forever, other part of me wanted her to grow up so I can teach and show her things!! 



Image above: 11.19.2010 - Xi Mui's first (or second :) day at home. She was so tiny, so fragile and so precious. So much work for her new Mom and Dad, but it should all be worth it.


Image 11.19.2010 - She always folded arms when she slept. She's so beautiful and I wished her all the best in the planet!


Image above: 11.22.2010 - This is the image I used for the first postcard I made, for my photo class assignment. I wrote in the back of the card " I woke up from a strange dream where I found myself in a miniature world. I saw dinner ready on the table with delicious looking Chinese dishes. I wanted to taste the food but my fork and spoon were to gigantic! I wondered if anyone has been here before...Then, my alarm clock went off"




Image above 11.25.2010: Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrated Thanksgiving this year at my brother Khoa's place, with my sister in law Kimly, Kimly's Mom, and the little Xi Mui. Lawrence and I made our first turkey!

Image above 11.26.2010 - Black Friday is finally here! San Francisco downtown street view from the parking lot. I tried to take picture of the green rooftop of the church. As they were built, the top of the building was made out of copper, after being exposed to weather for about 30 years, they will turn into green color like this, just like how Statue of Liberty is green color. I learned this information from New York trip and have been looking out for green rooftop all over the city :)


Image above 11.26.2010 - I was told photographs of the Golden Gate bridge have been taken at every angle possible already...well, I guess so...but whatever...It was a clear night, and I haven't always seen the bridge this clear before, so, photo opportunity - <click>


Image above 11.27.2010 - At Charles Dickens fair before Christmas. It was elegant, made me wish I had lived in London in the nineteenth century and spoke in British accent.


Image above 11.28.2010 - This was awesomeness! I was on the Raiders' football field photographing before the game. They were playing against the Miami's Dolphins. As a non-sport fan, I started to grow interest in sport photography :) Love it!

Image above 12.05.2010 -  (on tripod) Image of myself, wanting to...play outside. Well, I prefer to leave this unexplained




Image above 12.06.2010 - The business arena from my own perspective.



Image above: 12.11.2010 - (photographed by photo instructor) So I started to make an exception here, few photographs in this project can be taken by other people rather than myself. This was me and my classmates on our last day of class. These were the last few still standing regardless of the shrinking class size over the semester... 



Image above: 12.15.2010 - Christmas is almost here! It was our first Christmas tree. And most of the presents under the tree were from Lawrence to me :D...

 

Image above 12.18.2010 - (on tripod) Celebration of the little girl's 1st month. There were Kimly's parents and brothers from San Diego, my aunt, uncle and cousin's family, Lawrence's Mom and Dad, and some of our close friends. It was a great time.



Image above: 12.24.2010 - Dessert is the highlight of every meal! Princess cake has always been my favorite. 


Image above:12.26.2010 - The little girl has been 1 month and a half old, she started to stay awake more, she even made eye contact for picture!


Image above 12.30.2010 - At the restaurant Bullshead, one of the best burger places of the Bay. They serve buffalo meat; and even though I'm not a big meat consumer in general, I think it is so delicious.   


Image above 12.31.2010 -  (photographed by Lawrence) Spent New Year Eve at my brother's. The little girl became more and more adorable.


Image above 01.01.2011 - It is twenty eleven! What have I done last year? OK at least I realized nothing was more precious than good health, and that doing what we love made life more meaningful. So, here is a picture showing part of our workspace at home.


Image above 1.20.2011 - Beautiful sunrise on the Bay


Image above 1.21.2011 - My co-worker Stella is always photo ready :) This was taken during our walk at break. 


Image above: 1.22.2011 - At Golden Gate park on a early Saturday morning, there were the elderly doing Tai Chi at this time, and me. I loved it out there at that time of the day!

Image above: 1.24.2011 - The flower vase casting a shadow on the wall as the streetlight came through the window blinds made such a beautiful moment. 



Image above 1.28.2011 - Happy Vietnamese New Year! Red envelopes were ready for all our cousins, nieces and nephews. I used to love receiving them when I was younger, now it's a different feeling giving them out; I love it either way or both.


Image above 1.29.2011 - Streetlight through window blinds can't stop being so wonderful.


Image above 1.29.2011 - (on tripod) My brother's 30th birthday at his place. The little girl was watching with one eye open while the adults all fell asleep.


Image above 2.05.2011 - I wanted to call this a low angle, but it was just randomness.


Image above: 2.07.2011 - I was on the hill at school campus waiting for photo class to start.



Image above: 2.08.2011 - I love balloons - red balloons, pink balloons, green balloons,...- oh you get it, (though I don't love the sound of them popping)...I love them floating so freely in the air, I love them in photographs.


Image above: 2.12.2011 - (photographed by Lawrence) My little Xi Mui was dressed in the dress I bought her before she was born, how adorable! She also reminds me so much of my little sister, she was so small once and I used to hold her in my arms. Now she's already 18 and I'm preparing her college application! Wondering how it's like when Xi Mui goes to college...


Image above 2.14.2011 - Valentine's Day cliche


 

Image above: 2.14.2011- yea yea yea very cliched Valentine's stuff...but I want to say they can't go wrong, they could be neccessary , they are pretty, they make me happy and they're for me from my number 1 fan (who's that?) :P...muchas gracias *



Image above: 2.15.2011 - I was assigned to creatively photograph rocks in the studio...rocks and broken windows...yeaa...but rocks and creativity...hmmm...huh?


Image above: 2.16.2011 - Not sure what to say about this...I guess people have different propositions everywhere, any time.
.............

No comments:

Post a Comment